The Data Entry Clerk provides Data Entry and administrative services in support of SEIU HCMI, membership and staff to accomplish the organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities: Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.
- Provide data entry support to the assigned departments by creating and or maintaining various data systems for tracking and monitoring compliance with department and Union programs such as membership campaigns, petition drives, and membership mobilization
- Establish and maintain hard copy and/or electronic filing system
- Work on special projects as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Create spreadsheets, update and maintain UnionWare databases which include entering and tracking membership cards, entering Dues Rosters, activities reporting, organizing lists (stewards and leadership lists, grievance lists, and may include employer lists)
- Assist in the implementation and coordination of other local wide events
- Interact courteously and tactfully with managers, co-workers, members, vendors or associates
- Perform other duties as required to support the department and mission of the organization
Required Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Ability to use computer programs, including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Power Point, UnionWare and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to type 45 wpm
- Proficiency using the Internet as a research tool
- Ability to communicate and relate respectfully with a diverse membership and staff
- Commitment to provide accurate, efficient and friendly service to staff and members
- Ability to multi-task
- Must work well under pressure
- Able to prioritize and complete workload
- Excellent punctuality and attendance
Physical Requirements: Sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods (up to four hours at a time) typing. Employees must recognize that working in the labor movement is tough, demanding work, which sometimes requires working long or irregular hours. Some limited travel may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination, harassment and harmful behavior of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other protected characteristics as outlined in federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
Work Location: In person
TO APPLY: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to the Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.