SEIU Healthcare Michigan (HCMI) is seeking a creative and versatile individual to add to its dynamic and energetic communications team. This individual will develop and manage Healthcare Michigan’s online presence through its website, social media channels, and online branding efforts. The Digital Communications Specialist will guide campaign work with a digital focus.
The preferred candidate should be well-versed in digital and social media strategies, able to create and execute digital content campaigns through social media platforms, email campaigns, mobile texting and Healthcare Michigan’s website. In addition to excellent writing, creative graphics, video, and storytelling skills, the individual is a critical thinker with the ability to promote campaigns, anticipate new opportunities and develop new digital communication methods and platforms.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, create a calendar, write, and edit social media and web content.
- Develop and manage paid advertising on Facebook, Google, and Twitter through effective targeting.
- Generate website and social media traffic through effective digital techniques, while generating regular reports on engagement and growth activities in Healthcare Michigan’s online platforms and communities.
- Write and edit digital and traditional member communication materials (i.e., event fliers, email and text message updates, newsletters, phone call scripts, postcards, videos, etc.).
- Help develop and deliver consistent messages with a digital focus for various audiences, including current members, workers uniting to form a union, the general public, media, politicians, etc.
- Draft press releases, media alerts and speaking points as needed.
- Perform other duties as required to support the department.
- Some travel is required.
- A. or B.S. in Communications, Public Relations, English, Journalism, or related field.
- 3-5 years of digital campaign work experience or a combination of education and experience
- Exceptional writing skills as well as excellent verbal and interpersonal communication.
- Two or more years in campaign communications, labor communications, community organizing, or other related experience.
- Familiarity with digital platforms, including EveryAction, WordPress, mobile texting or similar.
- Ability to learn online content management systems and online communications tools to deliver blast emails, text messages, etc.
- Experience with effective paid advertising on Facebook, Google, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Ability to understand and tailor messages to a specific audience.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), as well as all social media platforms and video editing programs.
- Experience developing or helping to develop and implement creative communications strategies.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary based on experience and phone allowance.
- Paid holidays and vacations, fully paid health benefits, and a defined benefit pension plan fully paid by the employer.
HCMI is a dynamic statewide labor union with Detroit-based operations representing thousands of nursing home, home care, and hospital workers throughout Michigan. HCMI members are active and dedicated, fighting to raise standards for healthcare workers across the state and ensure access to quality, affordable healthcare for all Michiganders.
HCMI is part of the two-million-member Service Employees International Union (SEIU). With members throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico, we are a diverse workers’ movement that believes in all workers should be valued and all people respected; no matter where we come from or what color we are; that all families and communities should thrive; and that we should leave a better and more equitable world for generations to come.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and 3 samples of your digital communications work to the Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HCMI is committed to equal opportunity, and encourages applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, genders, national origins, ethnicities, religions, and veteran status. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.